I am a yarn ho. In real life I am completely monogamous, but put me near malabrigo or handpainted sock yarn and I can’t be held responsible for my actions. I don’t even have all my WIP’s in Ravlery, because I’m a little embarrassed about all the projects I’m working on. I finally decided that the first step toward
recovery acceptance is to come clean, and admit all the projects I’m working on.
1. Monkey Socks: Cherry Tree Hill Yarn, US 2 needles. One sock is done already.
2. Handspun Mini-Monkey Socks: Handspun merino wool, US 2 needles. Halfway through the first sock.
3. Big Fat Pink Scarf: Improvised 2×2 rib scarf with big soft pink yarn. Work project.
4. Toe-Up Socks: Sockotta yarn, US 1 needles, plain toe-up socks. Halfway up the leg on the first sock.
5. Telemark Ski Sweater: Yes, this one is back from the dead. I have three inches of the main body of the sweater done so far, and I need a new US 3 needle since I broke TWO knitpicks circulars on it last night.
6. Wicked the Second: Actually working on this tonight at work. Calmer yarn, US 8 needles, should be finished in the next few shifts.
7. Bridal Knot Shawl: I’ve been agonizing over what to do with this. Last night I cast off, so the center section is finished. Unblocked it’s already 4.5 feet across, so I’m sure that blocked it’ll be close to six feet. I think I’m going to find a border I like and knit it on, and be done with it. I just can’t bring myself to tear out that center panel!
Only seven…you’re saying to yourself, “That’s not so bad.” I also finished the Thalia tank top last night, so it came off the list at the last minute 🙂
I have probably at least another dozen projects lined up, and all that’s keeping me from casting on is the guilt of all the projects already on the needles. That, and I’m running out of needles. So, I’ve decided that for each project I finish, I can start another. I won’t be cutting down on my number of WIP’s, but at least I’ll be finishing things. I don’t think I’ve ever been so motivated all at the same time, so I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts. And I’m going to update the sidebar, just to keep myself honest.